Thread: The best value anti virus software.

1. Default The best value anti virus software.

I have issues with my present software company called Reimage. When I run their scan it removes the clutter PLUS programmes that I want to keep. Well that's not acceptable. Although I have been in touch they are reluctant to do anything useful.
    I have tried Avast and found that wanting too.

Can anyone suggest a good quality one that is not too expensive please ?

2. Default

For virus, look at AVG. For cleaning your registry and disk, look at Wise. All free.

3. Default

haven't had any issues with using the free stuff to keep things ship shape

I generally use in combo -
    windows defender
    spyhunter
    ccleaner

4. Default

There is a new virus that's going around that targets adblocker on chrome causing chrome to stop working. Just an FYI

5. Default

Here are my suggestions:
    For a domestic setup with only known trusted users free software is perfectly adequate (other circumstances will require different consideration). Many of the antivirus free offerings are very good – the free ones tend to be of EOD type i.e. you run them as required. Real-time monitoring usually requires real-time money but provided you are not a frequenter of dodgy downloads/links it's not a problem. These should always be used in conjunction with a firewall; despite the antipathy towards Bill Gates the latest Windows firewall is perfectly satisfactory and it's also likely that your router will have a firewall in addition.

I've always found registry cleaners to be rather troublesome in that they will often clean out files that later affect your PCs operation – not seriously but irritatingly so. When using them you need to be very careful in telling them what can/cannot be got rid of. Much of the "rubbish" that they do clean out is not actually very harmful and if you have a reasonably powerful PC with plenty of memory that is only used for mundane tasks you probably won't notice any performance deterioration if they remain in place.

AVG – used to use this in the past, had a nice simple interface but subsequent "improvements" started to impinge adversely other software.
    CC cleaner – perfectly good cleanup software but keep it on a short lead otherwise it will get rid of all sorts of stuff that you don't want to get rid of.

6. Default

Installed AVG.
    Thanks . Looks good.
    Can I ask if the free repair bit can be reversed if it removes important programs ?
    Before I try it. The last one removed my MT4 prog but fortunately I could reverse it.